Track the impact of different factors on sales and a way to do a quick analysis
Enable the product teams to conduct experiments in the stores based on the hypothesis.
Even though the markets have started opening up, people are still apprehensive of stepping out or ordering food online. At times like these, a quick experiment and outcome analysis becomes crucial to ensure business continuity.
Yum brands KFC stores are spread across different geographical location, and due to COVID lockdown, and ever changing situation on the ground the demand at stores is not predictable. For example, changing containment zones and restricted movement directives by the government lead to disruption in both demand and supply. Yum was looking to build a solution that could help them understand the impact of different factors on sales and a way to do a quick WhatIf analysis, like what would be the impact on sales if a store moves from an orange zone to red zone.
BluePi built WhatIf dashboards, that not only helped Yum perform hypothesis testing but also enable the product teams to conduct experiments in the stores based on the hypothesis.
The dashboards allow them to do a test on various parameters and also benchmark pre and post COVID periods.
- Capability to do statistical analysis, such as corelation analysis.
- User can control the number and type of stores as part of the. analysis.
- User can decide the control stores for experiments like launching a new delivery channel.
Business value delivered
Data-driven decision making
- Reduce the time to analysis and time to market
- Made EDA and statistical analysis feasible for business analyst
- Adoption of analytics and dashboard-based reports
- Power Bi
- SQL Server
- AWS EC2