The client is a subsidiary of a major Media Group that was established in 2006. A front-runner in technology and innovation in the digital performance advertising space and headquartered in New Delhi; the company is a leading Global Mobile AdTech Platform that boasts of:
- Distinctive, relevant brands
- Unmatched franchise operating capability
- Bold restaurant development
- Unrivaled culture and talent
One of the world’s largest restaurant brand Yum has been running with licensed software on windows, BluePi has provided support to OEM for the migration of licensed software. Yum also has a complex central system which is connected with other application and multiple databases; during migration, BluePi had to manage all the internal and 3 rd party integration. Also, we planned for live-live migration to ensure zero/minimum downtime.
Our solution is to migrate and consolidate Yum’s front end and core applications to AWS Mumbai region. The process was divided in three phases:
Phase 1 (Setup and Migration)
- Requirements gathering and discussion
VPC Set-up and Configuration:
- Database Setup and Migration
- Application Setup, configuration
- Functionality, Load and Performance Testing the full setup with the help of the customer team.
Phase 2 (Optimization)
- CloudFront Setup
- WAF Implementation
- Elastic Search Service Setup
- Elastic Cache Setup
- Route 53 Setup
- RDS Setup
- SNS Services setup
- S3 Bucket setup
- SQS services setup
Phase 3 (OnGoing Support) Support for integration with 3rd party and central systems.
- Response time of site improved from 12 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Reduced the operational costs, thus increasing IT effectiveness.
- Scheduled the backup for the data in case any data disaster happens.
- Built a highly salable, fault tolerant, simplified elastic architecture.
- Helped leverage benefits of clouds like auto scaling, load balancing, multi factor authentication, Amazon machine image etc.
AWS Service used
AWS, MongoDB, EC2, RDS, Apache, ELB, Redis, Gearman